COMBO PRICES. Updated June 2017
SLEEVE CASH SPECIAL $5000
GASTRIC BYPASS CASH SPECIAL $6000
• This price is only good for weight loss surgeries done at the same time of a gallbladder removal or a hiatal hernia repair.
• Valid at Mission Regional Medical Center (MRMC) only
• You must be insured
• Your insurance must allow gallbladder or hiatal hernia repair surgeries at MRMC
• Medicare, Medicaid, most private insurances accepted.
• You must be a candidate for Weight Loss Surgery
• You must have laparoscopic gallbladder removal (LC) or a laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair (LHHR) at the same time of the SLEEVE or BYPASS
• You are a candidate for gallbladder removal or hiatal hernia repair
• You will need insurance to pay for the LC or the LHHR.
• You will be responsible for the copays and deductibles associated will ith the LC or the LHHR as required by your insurance.
• The CASH SPECIAL price does not include
o costs (copays, deductibles) associated with LC or LHHR
o costs of mandatory preoperative evaluations for weight loss surgery patients (medical psych dietary evaluation), approximate cost is $500
• Cash price includes
o hospital stay and meds
o anesthesia charges (includes preoperative evaluation)
o pathology charges
o surgeon fees.
o First office visit/consultation
o First postop visit
• First office visit with Dr. del Pino or assistant is $150 (credited towards surgery cost)
• How do we know if you have a hiatal hernia?
o You may have a hiatal hernia if you suffer from Heartburn or you can not lie flat after you eat because food comes back up.
o You need an upper endoscopy to document that you have a hiatal hernia
o Upper endoscopy can be done in the office or in the hospital and it is covered by insurance. Copays/deductibles will apply for the endoscopy
• How do we know if you need your gallbladder removed?
o Most people with gallbladder disease have indigestion, upper abdominal pain or nausea after eating. Sometimes the pain radiates to your back.
o You have gallstones or polyps in the gallbladder
o Gallstones are diagnosed with abdominal ultrasound (covered by insurance)
o You have a “lazy” gallbladder
o A “lazy” gallbladder is diagnosed with a test called “HIDA scan” (covered by insurance)
• You don’t qualify for this offer if:
o You had previous weight loss surgery
o Your gallbladder has already been removed and you do not have a hiatal hernia
o Your gallbladder is normal and you do not have a hiatal hernia
o Your insurance does not allow surgeries at MRMC or with Dr. del Pino
o You are not a candidate for weight loss surgery
o You have had previous weight loss surgery
o You may not qualify
o Price must be paid in advance one week before surgery
o Financing available with www.carecredit.com
o Patient is responsible for carecredit fees if financing
o Surgery cancellations are subjected to $300 retention for processing costs (non refundable)
o Credit cards accepted with 3% charge fee
o Cash accepted
• Weight Loss Surgery candidates
o BMI 30 or higher
o Weight less than 400lbs
o BMI limit is 60
o Preoperative meal replacement diet required (available at doctors office)
• Out of Town Patients
o Need to verify if your insurance covers LC or LHHR at MRMC with Dr del Pino
o Surgeries done on Friday, may fly back Monday.
o McAllen Miller International Airport
o We recommend Preoperative work up done at home.
o Need to arrive at least one day before surgery before noon for anesthesia preoperative evaluation
o Does not include airfare, hotel stay or transportation costs
o Surgeries done at Mission Regional Medical Center in Mission Texas USA
Dr Mario del Pino is an AMSBQIP certified surgeon with 13 years of experience and has performed over 1500 sleeve gastrectomies.
Cash Program Prices