Cash Price Special only applies to weight loss surgeries done at the same time of a Gallbladder removal or a Hiatal Hernia repair (covered by your insurance).
SLEEVE CASH SPECIAL $5500*
GASTRIC BYPASS CASH SPECIAL $6500*
Medicare, Medicaid, most private insurances accepted.
- You must be a candidate for Weight Loss Surgery
- You must have laparoscopic gallbladder removal (LC) or a laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair (LHHR) at the same time of the SLEEVE or BYPASS
- You are a candidate for gallbladder removal or hiatal hernia repair
- Insurance must approve LC (Gallbladder Removal) or the Lap Hiatal Hernia Repair.
- You will be responsible for the copays and deductibles associated with the LC or the LHHR as required by your insurance.
- The CASH SPECIAL PRICE does not include
- Costs (copays, deductibles) associated with LC or LHHR
- Costs of mandatory preoperative evaluations for weight loss surgery patients (medical psych dietary evaluation), approximate cost is $500
- Cash price includes
- Hospital stay and meds
- Anesthesia charges (includes preoperative evaluation)
- Pathology charges
- Surgeon fees.
- First office visit/consultation
- First postop visit
First office visit with Dr. del Pino or assistant is $150
- How do we know if you have a hiatal hernia?
- You may have a hiatal hernia if you suffer from Heartburn or if you cannot lie flat after you eat because food comes back up.
- You need an upper endoscopy to document that you have a hiatal hernia
- Upper endoscopy can be done in the office or in the hospital and it is covered by insurance. Copays/deductibles will apply for the endoscopy
- How do we know if you need your gallbladder removed?
- Most people with gallbladder disease have indigestion, upper abdominal pain, or nausea after eating. Sometimes the pain radiates to your back.
- You have gallstones or polyps in the gallbladder
- Gallstones and polyps are diagnosed with abdominal ultrasound (covered by insurance)
- You have a “lazy” gallbladder
- A “lazy” gallbladder is diagnosed with a test called “HIDA scan” (covered by insurance)
- You don’t qualify for this offer if:
- Your gallbladder has already been removed and you do not have a hiatal hernia
- Your gallbladder is normal and you do not have a hiatal hernia
- Your insurance does not allow surgeries at MRMC or with Dr. del Pino
- You are not a candidate for weight loss surgery
- If you had previous weight loss surgery, an additional charge of $1000 applies
- Price must be paid one week before surgery
- Financing available with www.carecredit.com
- Patient is responsible for care credit fees if financing
- Surgery cancellations are subjected to $300 retention for processing costs (non refundable)
- Credit cards accepted with 3% charge fee
- Cash accepted
- Weight Loss Surgery candidates
- BMI 30 or higher
- Weight less than 400lbs
- BMI limit is not higher than 60
- Preoperative meal replacement diet required (available at doctors office)
- Failed previous weight loss surgery
- Out of Town Patients
- Need to verify if your insurance covers LC or LHHR at MRMC with Dr del Pino
- Surgeries done on Friday may fly back Monday.
- McAllen Miller International Airport is closest to us.
- We recommend Preoperative work up (medical, psych and dietary evaluations) done at home to avoid delays.
- Must arrive in the am one day before surgery to meet Dr del Pino or assistant, have anesthesia preoperative evaluation and complete registration process
- Does not include airfare, hotel stay or transportation costs
- Surgeries done at Mission Regional Medical Center in Mission Texas USA
Please click the Care Credit link below to fill out an application form and find out right away if you qualify for credit for weight loss surgery. Please ask us about available patient financing programs during the patient seminar or your office visit.
» Care Credit System